* * * * * 5 votes

Contabo - need help with payment. [Solved by the support of contabo succesfully]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
22 replies to this topic

#1 ShirleenSt

ShirleenSt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 09 February 2016 - 06:51 PM

UPDATE 10.02.2016 :  This topic has been solved with excellent and professional support of contabo staff,  a mistake happened by ShirleenSt but even of that the contabo staff succesfully credited the member of e-worldhosting.com ShirleenST, support rare to be found in providers, contabo is being suggested for members of e-worldhosting.com

Hello all,

I am customer of contabo.com a German hosting provider, i had a service with them where i cancelled it on 29.01.2016 the proof is here http://puu.sh/n1Mi4.png

My services : http://puu.sh/n1N0a.png

The service was valid till 08.02.2016 but they preferred to charge a cancelled service, i sent them a email regarding this today, i wrote them :

Hello ,

I have cancelled this service : 5.189.180.2xx + cPanel but i saw you have charged me.
Refund the money as soon as possible and not do that again.

they answered to my email :

Dear Mr xx,

Thank you very much for your request.

As we can see in our system, you have not yet canceled any service. The contract of your VPS XL (5.189.145.xx) and its cPanel license is still valid until 14 February 2016. The contract of your VPS XL (5.189.180.210) is valid for until 8 March 2016.

Since the contract of your VPS XL (5.189.145.xx) automatically renewed for another month, we debited your PayPal account with an amount of 24.99 EUR.

If you really intend to cancel a service, you can easily do so on your own in the menu item "Your services of your Contabo customer control panel:

Please type in your e-mail address as login and your personal password, then click the "Login" button. Please take care not to enter your password with blank characters at the end. We recommend to copy and paste the password from our e-mail containing the login details (again, please do not copy blanks).

If you encounter problems logging in, please use the link "Please click here if you forgot your password or your login" and follow the instructions. For security reasons you can only retrieve a new password using this link. We cannot create a new password for you.

Cancelations can be handled in the section "Your services" using the „Manage“ button next to the product.

If you have any questions or need help, please do not hesitate to contact us.

--
Best regards,

i replied them back

Hello ,

I told you for 5.189.180.210 + cPanel and not  5.189.145.30

And i have canceled this service : http://puu.sh/n1MyH.png

Refund the money now and leave your cheap excuses. Who asked you for the 5.189.145.30? Did i wrote you for this server?
You have charged me for for 5.189.180.2xx + cPanel  which is canceled before 1 month http://puu.sh/n1MBr.png

P.S. Note that a feedback will be left on multiple forums around the world for this support and this issue. Nothing personal.

and then they said

Dear Mr xx,

Thank you very much for your response.

Please take note that you have scheduled the cancellation of the cPanel administration VPS (V-Server) (135133). This one was related to your VPS XL (5.189.180.2xx) and the cancellation was executed from our side in time. This is also the information which is standing in the screenshot you have forwarded to us.

Also we have to inform you that you have not scheduled your VPS XL (5.189.180.2xx) for cancellation. Therefore we would kindly ask you to check once again the screenshot you have forwared to us. There is detailed explained that you have scheduled the cancellation of the following subscription:

"Administration: cPanel VPS (V-Server) (135133)"

As requested we have already performed the cancellation of this subscription.

As you have not scheduled any cancellation for your VPS XL (5.189.180.2xx), this VPS renewed automatically and we have charged the necessary payment from your Paypal account. Due to this we can not grant you any kind of refund.

If you still want to cancel your VPS XL (5.189.180.2xx), please confirm to it. Afterwards we will schedule the cancellation for the next possible date.

We regret that we have no other information for you.

--
Best regards,

and my answer

Hello ,

I think you are drunk and nothing further.
I have canceled this server 5.189.180.210 here is the proof puu.sh/n1IKe.png
Not make it difficult , you not know what you saying and you making it worse for you :)

What i do miss here??

• Mario likes this

#2 BoSS

BoSS

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 09 February 2016 - 06:57 PM

Thanks for letting us know i think you have press to cancel the cPanel license on 5.189.180.2xx is that correct? Did you cancel the server vps too?

#3 ShirleenSt

ShirleenSt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 09 February 2016 - 07:01 PM

@Boss i go into the panel and i clicked the cPanel license and press to cancel it i thought and i wrote the vps will be cancelled too, when i was ordering i was ordering it as 1 service not separate one, i mean i was not ordering the VPS first and then when i paid the VPS to order the license i not know what to do now, this is a fraud attempt by them to do this i think if i do a mistake i am sorry

#4 BoSS

BoSS

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 108 posts

Posted 09 February 2016 - 07:04 PM

I understand what happened a misunderstood yes of course it is a fraud if they not refund you and i not think they wont they are big company and they will refund this since you not use the service and cancelled it and you are saying to them

and yes it is a fraud if they not refund you the money they can at least you charge the 1 day and not the whole price that you wont use

better open a paypal dispute as soon as possible and not care what contabo says they are well know on stealing money per the links reviews you posted keep us informed

#5 Pirate Tony

Pirate Tony

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 291 posts

Posted 09 February 2016 - 07:10 PM

i am using right now contabo (2 months) i not have any negative sides with them (support) only some lagging on the line (from my side not their) but normal :) this case looks interesting they will refund your money otherwise yes it is a scam per the words you write keep the topic updated with your case and post back what happened with your case so i know as their current customer how they will act and do what boss said you open a paypal dispute as soon as possible for your own protection they are in Germany also which is E.E. and they need to refund the money and charge you only the days you "use it"

#6 Moderator

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 908 posts

Posted 09 February 2016 - 07:15 PM

Too bad this happened contact them and tell them what the issue is and see what their reaction is typical in 99% situations like this you get refunded since they are a big company and not a small one, i will edit the topic title since they have not replied back to your last reply and we will see if they are not professional or they will involve into fraud, then you can post your desired topic.

b.t.w they have nice packages lets see if they are professional or not, if not black list wait them :D

#7 ShirleenSt

ShirleenSt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 09 February 2016 - 07:18 PM

Thanks for the answers i am going to send them a message regarding the situation and let you know all

#8 Meyo

Meyo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 329 posts

Posted 09 February 2016 - 07:23 PM

same happened to me in server4you and they refunded me the whole payment but in my case i forgot to cancel the service and i opened a ticket saying what happened and they refunded me no need to worry for contabo they are good people with nice staff.. i understand completely your frustration regarding this..

#9 ShirleenSt

ShirleenSt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 09 February 2016 - 08:48 PM

They replied me this below now i wait

Dear Mr  xx,

Thank you very much for your response.
We have forwarded your inquiry to the person in charge for further processing. As soon as we have more information, we will get back into contact with you.
Your patience is highly appreciated for the time being.

#10 Moderator

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 908 posts

Posted 09 February 2016 - 08:55 PM

i not thin you should worry many members here uses contabo note that and mistakes can happen they will refund you the money since there was misunderstood they are professional provider hope this sorts in the best possible way of course in any situation a review will be left officially here

#11 Mario

Mario

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 09 February 2016 - 08:58 PM

My onshore server is on contabo till now no issues at all . and yes they will give you the refund if you describe the issue is like this . if i understand from your frustration words yes it should be like you describe it so not worry trust them . We await your answer to see what the final answer by them but i am pretty sure you will get the money back no company pro will do that only some companies example alibabahost.com would do this thing and not refund you .

#12 SolSeccombb

SolSeccombb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 575 posts
  • LocationSeeg

Posted 09 February 2016 - 09:07 PM

i am sorry to hear about this mistakes happens but its not a big issue i think since you described in full the issue i know it would be sometimes tricky with the cancellation but next time watch it contabo is good in their support no need panic

active client since 8 months ago

:ph34r:

#13 ShirleenSt

ShirleenSt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 10 February 2016 - 10:55 AM

hello i have more updates like you said the most the support is really helpful and professioanl there and understand the mistake happened i should cancel the service separate but i thought i was one service itself and i wrote in the box why i cancel it that i want to cancel the service and this issue occured

#14 Leif73W846

Leif73W846

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 760 posts
  • LocationRoma

Posted 10 February 2016 - 10:58 AM

now that i got scammed by my ex host n8host.com i look for a new host and i see contabo has some cheaper offers and i think it is my next host..

op what about the uptime? locations?

#15 ShirleenSt

ShirleenSt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 10 February 2016 - 11:01 AM

up-time 100% no single downtime this month on both services & location Germany fast speed without any problem and easy panel interface

#16 Leif73W846

Leif73W846

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 760 posts
  • LocationRoma

Posted 10 February 2016 - 11:05 AM

i c.. thank you for the info's i am going to order soon from them..

#17 Moderator

Advanced Member

• Moderators
  • 908 posts

Posted 10 February 2016 - 11:11 AM

i have edited the title and moved the topic since this is not a review so you got your paypal refund?

#18 ShirleenSt

ShirleenSt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 93 posts

Posted 10 February 2016 - 11:15 AM

still not i am awaiting to make it and i notified them about some other queries they seem to be cool with that i think i found the correct person so i can talk with him :P

#19 SolSeccombb

SolSeccombb

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 575 posts
  • LocationSeeg

Posted 10 February 2016 - 11:17 AM

still not i am awaiting to make it and i notified them about some other queries they seem to be cool with that i think i found the correct person so i can talk with him :P

i told you

contabo never disappoint no one :D

Bravooooo contabo

#20 Pirate Tony

Pirate Tony

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 291 posts

Posted 10 February 2016 - 11:58 AM

+1 for contabo from me too :)

1 user(s) are reading this topic